Updated: Nov 16, 2019
In the midst of midterms I am sure there is only one thing on your mind- “what should I binge on Netflix?” Depending on the class, I like to watch shows while I am studying. It sometimes helps me to have slight stimulation in the background, or if nothing else it can make the studying process a bit more bearable.
Now comes the hard part- not spending an absurd amount of time trying to figure out what to watch. That’s where I come in. I made a little flow-chart that will lead you to two Netflix shows to choose from based on genre, mood, situation, etc. I have also included the short description of each show from Netflix to help narrow down your next binge! Happy midterms!
1. Doomsday Preppers: This series highlights a diverse group of survivalists as they prepare for various catastrophic scenarios that could cause civilization to collapse.
Storage Wars: In Canada, a colorful collection of treasure-seeking scavengers bid on the largely unknown contents of repossessed and abandoned storage units.
2. Big Mouth: As Andrew falls under the spell of the randy Hormone Monster, his buddy Nick becomes obsessed with the lack of changes in his own body.
Total Drama Island: Heartwarming moments are interspersed with backstabbing, scheming, sabotage and broken alliances in this animated spoof of reality show competitions.
3. Friends From College: Twenty years after graduation, a tight-knit group of college friends reconnects and discovers that love hasn’t gotten easier with age.
The Good Place: Due to an error, self-absorbed Eleanor Shellstrop arrives at the Good Place after her death. Determined to stay, she tries to become a better person.
4. Sex Education: Despite the ministrations of sex therapist mom Jean and encouragement from pal Eric, Otis worries that he can’t get it on. He’s not the only one.
Bonding: Struggling to make ends meet as a waiter, Pete takes a job working for his friend Tiff-- aka Mistress May-- in her sex dungeon.
5. Scream: Memories of a town’s dark past are stirred when a group of teenagers is targeted by a masked slasher in this serialized anthology series.
The End of the F***ing World: Bored with killing animals, 17-year-old James is busy plotting his first real murder when brash new girl Alyssa catches him off guard at school.
6. Jane the Virgin: After vowing to remain chaste until marriage, Jane Villanueva learns she’s pregnant due to a medical slip-up and has to rethink her future.
Shameless: Meet the fabulously dysfunctional Gallagher family: Dad’s a drunk, Mom split long ago, and eldest daughter Fiona tries to hold the family together.
7. The Ted Bundy Tapes: Two journalists set out to get the definitive story of infamous serial killer Ted Bundy, as told by the man himself.
The Keepers: This docuseries examines the decades-old murder of Sister Catherine Cesnik and its suspected link to a priest accused of abuse.
8. Dead to Me: A hotheaded widow searching for the hit-and-run driver who mowed down her husband befriends an eccentric optimist who isn’t quite what she seems.
You: A charming first encounter quickly turns into something more nefarious when bookstore manager Joe takes a very strong liking to grad student Beck.
9. Hemlock Grove: Secrets are just a part of daily life in the small Pennsylvania town of Hemlock Grove, where the darkest evils hide in plain sight.
The Society: When everyone else mysteriously vanishes from their wealthy town, the teen residents of West Ham must forge their own society to survive.