Promote - Educate - Motivate
Looking to Fall 2023
Women in Science Society will hold GBMs biweekly on Tuesdays from 5pm to 6pm, in the Mata'yuum Suite located in the Student Union!
Stay connected with WSS social medias and website for more upcoming information and what we have planned this fall! Please don't hesitate to reach out to any of our executive board members. We are here to help and welcome you to our organization!
- Mission Statement -
Here at the Women in Science Society- San Diego State University, we are committed to establishing an environment of motivation and mutual support among collegiate women pursuing their undergraduate degree in the sciences by providing networking, service and leadership opportunities for our members.
What We Do
Workshops, Q & A Panels,
Faculty and Industry Networking Events,
Study Sessions, volunteer opportunities, etc
Movie nights, ice cream/pizza socials, dances, etc
Every other Tuesday at 5:00pm in West Commons 230
Hand-picked workshops, volunteer, and scholarship opportunities sent out via email to members at the 1st of every month
A mentor/mentee program set up between WSS members with similar major and/or career goals
Setting up shadowing/mentoring programs with professions in various scientific fields
How To Join Fall 2023
Step 1) Fill out the "All About Me Form"
This gives us your - contact information
- lets us know more about you and what the club can do for you
- tells us what times work best for you for events and meetings
- lets us know what you want from the club!
Step 2) Pay $20 dues via Venmo to our Treasurer
*Label your payment as "[Full name] WSS Semester Dues"
**We accept members throughout the entire semester however if you pay after the date listed above there is a $5 late fee. This is because we use the money to go directly into paying for raffles, guest speakers, merchandise prizes, and everything else that the club does so without it we can't budget for how much we can do that semester.
***If you have financial strains there are payment plans available and you may email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
How To Be An Active
What does being an active mean anyway?
Get a total of 10 points!
3 points for attending a academic/professional event
2 points for attending a general body meeting
1 point for attending a social event
*Other random point opportunities are given throughout the semester such as volunteering events, social media engagement, and contributing to the google drive.
Used as tie breakers when there is limited space for special opportunities and leadership positions.
Email List Fill out the All About Me Form (link above) or email email@example.com
GroupMe Once you pay dues we will add you as soon as you are moved to our "pay dues" list
Follow us! Instagram @wss.sdsu
Facebook Women in Science Society - SDSU
YouTube @Women In Science Society - SDSU
Connect With Us! Linkedin Page - Women in Science Society - SDSU
Linkedin Group - Women in Science Society - SDSU
Access to our Google Drive
- teacher advice (like ratemyprofessor)
- study guides
- other study materials specifically for STEM classes at State
- monthly opportunities (volunteer opportunities, workshops, and scholarships specifically picked for members)
Merchandise *This Semester With An Additional Price
- cords for seniors
Discount on each of San Diego Chemistry Tutor Review Sessions
- $10 discount on any of the San Diego Chemistry Tutor Review Sessions that you attend
- Click here for the link to The San Diego Chemistry Tutor Website
Access to our Membership Page & GroupMes'
- Volunteer opportunities, professional and academic links, past guest speaker videos, and much more!
- Private GroupMe for our club where we share information about events and members can ask questions about the STEM field, classes, sell textbooks and much more!
- GroupMes' made for your classes by the leadership board (no work on your end!)
Raffles & Prizes!
- Local & nonlocal eateries, clothing, and accessories from a variety of small women-owned and big-name brand businesses raffled off at events!