Welcome to the Women In Science Society at San Diego State University
Promote Educate Motivate
Skin Care 101 September 15th at 7pm PST!
Come learn about self-care and the anatomy of your skin at our skincare event taught by a member!
WRC Womxn in STEM Support Group September 22nd at 4pm PST!
Zoom Link Coming Soon
General Body Meeting September 24th at 5pm PST (last day to pay dues!)
Zoom Link Coming Soon
Grad School Q&A with Princenton Review October 1st at 5pm PST
Zoom Link on "Members Only Page"
Hover over the tab called "members" click on the drop down "Members Only" then access the link through the calendar that is towards the top of the page
- Our Mission -
Here at the Women in Science Society- San Diego State University, we are committed to establishing an environment of motivation and mutual support among collegiate women pursuing their undergraduate degree in the sciences by providing networking, service and leadership opportunities for our members.
What We Do
There are three types of events:
Workshops, Q & A Panels,
Faculty and Industry Networking Events,
Study Sessions, volunteer opportunities, etc
Movie nights, ice cream/pizza socials, dances, etc
Every other Thursday at 6pm
What Else We Do
Peer Mentor Program
Setting up shadowing/mentoring programs with professions in various scientific fields
A mentor/mentee program set up between WSS members with similar major and/or career goals
Hand-picked workshops, volunteer, and scholarship opportunities sent out via email to members at the 1st of every month
Campus tours, workshops with other clubs, special events
How To Join Fall 2020
Step 1) Fill out the "All About Me Form" (Click to fill out the form!)
This gives us your - contact information
- lets us know more about you and what the club can do for you
- tells us what times work best for you for events and meetings
- lets us know what you want from the club!
Step 2) Pay $20 dues Venmo to @Ashleyy_clarkk17 by September 24th
*We accept members throughout the entire semester however if you pay after the date listed above there is a $5 late fee. This is because we use the money to go directly into paying for raffles, guest speakers, merchandise prizes, and everything else that the club does so without it we can't budget for how much we can do that semester.
**If you have financial strains there are payment plans available and you may email for more details
How To Be An Active
Get a total of 8 points!
(+3) for attending a academic/professional event
(+2) for attending a general body meeting
(+1) for attending a social event
*Other random point opportunities are given throughout the semester. Example: If leadership asks members to send in a picture that you received a flu shot or if we ask you to repost something promoting an event
What does being an active mean anyway?
Used as tie breakers when there is limited space for special opportunities and positions.
Email List Email to be added
GroupMe As soon as you pay dues you will be added
Remind Text @wssspr20 to 81010
Follow us! Instagram @wss.sdsu
Facebook Women in Science Society - SDSU
YouTube @Women In Science Society - SDSU
Connect With Us! Linkedin Page - Women in Science Society - SDSU
Linkedin Group - Women in Science Society - SDSU
Access to our Google Drive
- teacher advice (like ratemyprofessor)
- study guides
- other study materials specifically for STEM classes at State
- monthly opportunities (volunteer opportunities, workshops, and scholarships specifically picked for members)
Merchandise *This Semester With An Additional Price
- cords for seniors
Discount on each of San Diego Chemistry Tutor Review Sessions
- $10 discount on any of the San Diego Chemistry Tutor Review Sessions that you attend
- Click here for the link to The San Diego Chemistry Tutor Website
Access to our Membership Page & GroupMes'
- Volunteer opportunities, professional and academic links, past guest speaker videos, and much more!
- Private GroupMe for our club where we share information about events and members can ask questions about the STEM field, classes, sell textbooks and much more!
- GroupMes' made for your classes by the leadership board (no work on your end!)
Raffles & Prizes!
- Local & nonlocal eateries, clothing, and accessories from a variety of small women-owned and big-name brand businesses raffled off at events!