WHAT TIME IS IT?!
SUMM- wait wait wait
It’s hard to scream and shout about school being out when I probably failed more than one of my classes, have only two weeks before summer session starts, and am emotionally scarred from spring semester. Am I right, ladies? I can hear the snaps all the way from Minnesota in agreement with at least one of those statements (well, at least I hope). I have had quite the busy last week or so and I am sure all of you have, as well. For that very reason, this post will be on the shorter side and to the point.
I won’t bore you with all the gruesome details of my finals experience this semester, so here are the highlights:
- Made the mistake of taking a one of my hardest classes with a professor (I won’t name names) that has about a 30% pass rate
- Ate about 7 meals a day
- Had tears in my eyes for three days straight
- Saw a puppy and starting sobbing
- Cried yet again during my ochem final
- Found out I don’t have a future in the military because I don’t know how to read military time and ended up missing a final (for a class I have already failed once)…on my birthday
I am sure some of you are feeling just as defeated as I am right about now. Finals week gets the best of us sometimes. You know what, though? It is going to be just fine. During this time of stress and tears, I read and have been told some encouraging words, so I thought I would share a few with my science sisters.
“So what if it takes an extra semester or two? College isn’t a race so don’t compare yourself to others.” – My father
“Everything is going to be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” – John Lennon
“You are more than your GPA”
“This semester is just a fat L. It’s time to move on.” – A wise friend
If you were someone who did wonderful this semester, I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work.
Ladies, next semester-
*sung to the tune of old town road*
We’re gonna take our notes to the study zone, and grind ‘til we can’t no more.